Good Sam Club
The Good Sam Club is known throughout the industry as the most comprehensive RV association on the planet. Not only do their members receive discounts at over 1,800 RV Parks around the world, but the Good Sam Club is also very dedicated towards providing their customers an array of services and discounts on almost anything RV related. Members enjoy serious insurance discounts, pro-rated repair services, fantastic local events, and the largest advice forum around. At Good Sam, membership has so many benefits and events that it often becomes a way of life for RV enthusiasts and their families; no other RV Club comes even close.
The Origin of the Good Sam Company
In 1965, The Good Sam Club was founded on the Biblical tale of the Good Samaritan that helped a stranger in need. As the story goes, a traveler was robber and beaten to the brink of death. Several others came down the road afterwards but they pretended to ignore the injured man, until finally a Samaritan happen upon him.
The Samaritan recognized the dying victim as a person from another culture and religion, yet he refused to turn his back on anyone in need. Instead of walking away, the Samaritan tended to his wounds, gave him his only donkey, and paid for lodging and care at a local inn. Now, the hero of this story was not wealthy by any means; he could just not stand to see a fellow man left in such dire circumstances. The Good Sam Club essentially does the same for their members through a host of different services.
In a nutshell, the Good Sam Club is an organization for anyone interested in RV's. While some may think of them as a membership discount club, they actually provide an entire array of services ranging from insurance to community events to buying or selling an RV. No matter how strong a consumer's interest is in RV's or getting to venture out on the open roads for a new destination, the Good Sam Club will keep them informed, protected, and headed in the right direction.
Who Joins the Good Sam Club?
Once a member joins the Good Sam Club, they are instantly given exclusive access to one of the most comprehensive RV Clubs to ever exist. The brotherhood of over one million members will be there for whenever there is a need for advice, technical know-how, companionship, or just some information on the best RV parks in the world. No other RV club in existence brings this much experience and resources to the table- and we've yet to even talk about the savings.
So whom is the Good Sam RV Club designed for in particular? To answer that, consumers simply have to look back at their motto and the story of the Good Samaritan. Just like in the ancient text, the Good Sam RV Club is designed to help anyone who may need assistance while traveling. That means people who extensively travel the country in recreational vehicles would probably receive the greatest benefits, but the membership also pays for itself with even casual travelers. There are even tens of thousands of individuals who no longer own an RV enrolled in the Good Sam Club strictly for the member functions and the camaraderie- the benefits more than pay for themselves regardless of the situation.
Good Sam Club comes with several membership materials; just a few of these are listed below.
Good Sam Members receive a complementary copy of Highways Magazine each month. This magazine is full of great tips for RVers. The magazine also includes several monthly discounts and specials only available to Good Sam members.
Good Sam Trip Router
One of the least fun parts of planning your RV trip can be figuring out where you are going to stay along your route. Good Sam's route planner takes all the work out of it. Just enter your starting and ending address and the tool will take it from there.
Unlimited Access To GoodSamClub.com
Being a Good Sam member grants you unrestricted access to goodsamclub.com. The Good Sam website is a great place to meet other members and read about monthly tips, giveaways, etc.
Here is a quick overview of the Good Sam RV Club Member benefits and a breakdown of each tier-
Good Sam Club- $19.95 per Year
- Save 10% off over 1,800 Good Sam travel parks at any of their participating locations. With the average one night stay at a quality RV Park costing around $40, this membership will pay for itself on the fifth night of lodging.
- Receive discounts on RV parts, service, or installations. This benefit would also cover the cost of the entire Good Sam membership the first time it is used
- Receive discounted periodicals on RV magazines, travel brochures, local maps, and more. All of these items are available exclusively through the Good Sam website or catalog.
- Also, members are entitled to cash-back rewards made through the Good Sam website. It includes popular brand name merchants like Sears, Target, and Home Depot, with more name brands being added to the list everyday. The only extra step to receive cash-back is to access these websites through Good Sam; everything else happens automatically.
- Access to local Good Sam Chapters where members can meet tens of thousands of other travel enthusiasts. This benefit also includes unlimited online access to testimonials and advice columns written by other Good Sam members.
- An annual subscription to Highways Magazine, the official RV periodical valued at $40 per year alone.
- Gain access to advocacy attorneys to help with RV-related situations, plus unlimited access to the knowledgeable Good Sam staff if any questions arise. This service will help members with parking issues, city ordinances, or anything else RV related.
Good Sam Roadside Assistance- $79.95/$109.95 per Year
- The standard and platinum packages for the Good Sam Roadside assistance grants members towing coverage in the case of a roadside breakdown. This program covers RV's and any other vehicles owned by the member, and there are absolutely no restrictions on towing distances or services rendered.
- All Good Sam members are also eligible to take advantage of group insurance plans for their RV's. There is also travel, emergency, and life insurance available at drastically reduced discounts; members simply have to submit the brief application and compare it to their existing policies.
- Good Sam members can also apply for extended vehicle warranty protection through third party affiliates. The rates vary per vehicle type but they are generally 15-35% less than what consumers could buy directly.
- RV financing and a Good Sam Visa Card is also available for Good Sam members. Both services carry exclusive member rates and are very competitive when compared to other lending institutions.
- The customer service at Good Sam will also help members buy or sell an RV as well, making it the perfect place to shop for an upgrade. Trailers and campers are also much more likely to sell with Good Sam because they are marketed exclusively to interested parties and motivated buyers.
The average Good Sam member saves well over $1200 a year just off of using their benefits package for everything RV related. The Good Sam Club is so confident that their members will save money by joining that they offer a 100% money-back guarantee on the annual subscription price. If for any reason one of their customers does not feel like they received their money's worth, all they have to do is contact customer service to have the funds placed back into their banking account.
Of course, for most members the focus is not on savings; they join to be a part of the largest RV community on the planet. Well-versed travelers post guides and tutorials every day on the Good Sam website that explains how to do just about anything- from raising an RV bed to dealing with a faulty alternator on the side of the road. While there are hundreds of articles written by industry professionals, there are at least twenty times that submitted from members who simply want to help out their fellow RV enthusiast.
Then there's the local Good Sam chapters that get together in a social atmosphere and share stories of their RV adventures. Many families never realized what they were missing until they began to travel with a group of local residents who shared the exact same goals and ambitions as them; some Good Sam members would simply not travel any other way. All of these benefits and more are included in the standard Good Sam membership at $19.95 per year; it would be difficult for anyone to name a smarter purchase for any RV fan out there.