Passport America is by far the world's largest camping club for RV owners with over 1,700 parks available for campers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. They were also the first RV membership club of its kind and they have saved their members millions of dollars since the club's inception in 1992. Their 50% discount program at over 1,700 participating RV parks is currently the largest savings available to anyone within the industry, which is why Passport America is also rated the #1 RV Club in the world by consumers. No other RV program comes even close in terms of quality, service, or customer satisfaction.
Passport America Company Background
Ray E. Fernandez, Passport America's founder, realized that the average campground spent a tremendous amount of money advertising on roadway billboards throughout their local region. Not only did this method get them very little exposure, but it also ensured that their park would have to book thousands of campers per year just to reach the break-even mark. Since none of each park's advertising budget was going towards national exposure at all, they would only see a trickle of customers who already knew about these destinations firsthand.
Passport America essentially broke this mold by offering camping park owners a system that would provide completely free advertising throughout the world for a significant trade-off; a 50% discount for all Passport America members. At a glance this may appear to be a poor business model, but you have to remember that very few of these parks were books to capacity and they were desperate for any type of profit. A half-priced customer was certainly better than no income at all, which was why hundreds of initial parks signed up in the inaugural year.
The success of Passport America had a two-sided effect, however, and it was something that camping businesses did not entirely expect. The average RV owner ended up staying much longer at than they did in the past because of the reduced costs, plus they were receiving reservation requests from campers all over North America. Passport America essentially made it affordable for RV owners to travel more often and take extended vacations while making the RV parks more profitable at the same time.
Passport America Membership Summary
A membership in the Passport America Program grants members a 50% off stay at over 1,700 RV parks throughout North America. Each member will receive a Passport America discount card, access to detailed, customized maps, a monthly newsletter, and personalized customer service whenever it is needed.
There are no membership tiers at Passport America either; all members receive the exact same benefits and they are free to use them as often as they like. The cost of an annual membership starts at $44.00 but can be as low as $36.66 if customers pay three years in advance. Also, there are no other hidden fees or gimmicks like you'll find in similar programs; the one-time annual fee is all Passport America members pay.
Passport America Membership Benefits
Passport America is more than just an RV Club in the minds of most their members; it is a lifestyle choice that they simply can not do without in today's modern world. The average enrollee loves the freedom of camping outdoors and traveling to exciting locations throughout North America, and with their Passport America membership they can accomplish these goals at half of the retail price of what others pay. Below you'll find the most prominent benefits of the Passport America RV Club-
- Receive a 50% discount at over 1,700 RV Parks in the US, Canada, and Mexico. There are no complex forms to fill out or procedures to follow; simply show your Passport America card at one of the affiliated RV destinations and the discount is subtracted automatically
- Members also receive unlimited usage and stays at RV Parks throughout North America. There are no blackout dates, lodging requirements, or other exclusions; travel as little or as much as you want and always receive 50% off at participating RV Parks.
- Use the Passport America directory to quickly find RV Parks in any area. It does not matter if you're in Vancouver, Canada or Tijuana, Mexico...there's a Passport America park close to you.
- Passport America members also receive unlimited access to detailed maps and directions from any point on the continent. If your vacation does not go as expected and the route suddenly has to change, it's easy to find new RV Parks along the new route.
- There is also a generous referral program for introducing new members or parks into the program. Referring a new member results in a $10 cash reward, a new park will earn you $50.
- The Passport America monthly newsletter will keep you up to date on new RV parks added to our directory, great vacation ideas, and much more.
Passport America Camping Guidelines
The numerous RV Parks that are associated with Passport America are independently owned and operated. Each of them grants our members a 50% discount while staying at these locations, and in return we ask our members to grant them the following courtesies-
- Passport America campers leave their campgrounds as clean as they found it. Passport America has built an industry reputation for having friendly, responsible members so we hope that all members will assist us on carrying on this tradition.
- Likewise, members should please treat other RV Park guests and staff members with the courtesy that they deserve. If there is ever any type of problem at a campsite or with another park guest, we ask all members to please let the management know so they have the opportunity to take care of the situation.
- The Passport America locations listed on our website have the right to deny the 50% discount if the RV Park is already full or close to maximum occupancy. While they always try to honor the agreement whenever possible, sometimes they simply can not accommodate all requests during a busy week. Members should call ahead to ensure that there is plenty of available room; some RV Parks will accept reservations.
- All Passport America members must follow the rules and regulations laid out by each RV Park they visit. Some of them may have very specific rules that they expect their guests to follow, and we ask that all members familiarize themselves with each location's requirements when arriving at the park.
- The Passport America discount can not be combined with any other offer. The 50% savings is currently the largest discount within the industry, so please do not ask the park owners to accept other discount cards on top of that. It simply is not fair to them since they are already granting our members half off the retail price of lodging.
- On occasion, some of the RV Parks listed at Passport America may be sold to new owners. In this instance, it is up to the current ownership to decide whether or not they wish to participate in our program. While this type of scenario is rare since we contact the participating RV Parks regularly, members should contact our offices if they happen to run into this situation.
- While there are no limits on the number of new members or parks that a member can submit to our referral program, please remember to have the responsible party fill in the referral section so proper credit is granted.
Finally, we ask that all of our Passport America members to use their program benefits as much as possible. This organization is not like a health club or one of those businesses where they hope that customers sign up and never come back; the Passport America staff has worked hard to ensure that all members receive an unprecedented value for their money. The only way that happens, however, is for them get out there in the wild outdoors and see North America on a regular basis. Even though an average of a three night stay saves enough to pay for a membership for the entire year, Passport America sincerely hopes that all members will be able to get a lot more use out of it than that.